MFI-100 is designed specifically for use in the Quality Control Department as a quick and easy Melt Flow Indexer for thermoplastic materials according to the “A” Method of the international standards of MFI, ASTM D1238 – ISO 1133 in both Procedure A (Gravimetric).
- GRAVIMETRIC method
- Low cost
- Automatic Sample Cutting
- Robust design with high rigidity
- PID temperature controller (maintain +/- 0.1 ° C)
- Time programmer and number of cutting cycles
- Equipment ready to work with corrosive materials such as PVC
The melt index measurement is performed by a meter Flow Index, which operates with a constant pressure exerted by a constant force due to a known weight into a capillary tube whose area remains constant. ASTM-D1238 is commonly used to perform this operation
The melt flow index (MFI) is a measure of the flowability of the resin under controlled conditions and can be easily measured with equipment called plastometer, using very low strain rates, a temperature of 230 ° C and weighing 2.16 kg according to ASTM D 1238 & ISO 1133. This variable is inversely related to the viscosity and molecular weight (MW), that is, with increasing the melt index of the resin, a decrease is obtained in viscosity and molecular weight.
StandardsASTM D1238, DIN 1133, EN 1133, ISO 1133
Basic Extrusion Plastometer for determining the melt flow index in thermoplastic materials (Gravimetric Method)
Equipment prepared to work with corrosive materials such as PVC
For Manual testing (Method A – Gravimetric)
The standard equipment includes all standard work-cleaning tools, piston and nozzle.
- Temperature Controller with a range up to +325 ºC (*) with a resolution of 0.1ºC
- Digital Stopwatch: with a range of up to 9999 seconds with audible alarm.
- Automatic sample cutting
- Complete set of 7 chromed and polished weights: 1.2 Kg – 2.16 Kg – 3.8 Kg – 5 Kg – 5 kG – 6.6 Y 10 Kg
- The weight of 21.6 kg is a combination of the weights of 5 kg, 6.6 kg and 10 kg
User manual and warranty letter
Melt Flow Indexer MFI-100 complete and ready to work
Accessories included in the standard supply: Tungsten Carbide Nozzle, Piston, pellet picker, wrench, sample insert rod in the heater drum, material feeder, funnel, heater cleaner, scissors, nozzle cleaner .